Polarity Therapy is a natural healing technique that has been around for centuries, but is gaining gained popularity once again in recent years. It is body work modality which places an emphasis energy work to balance the body’s natural energy flow. It is a gentle, holistic approach to healing which includes stretching postures, energetic touch, and verbal and nutritional consultation elements. In this blog, we will explore the benefits of polarity in massage therapy.
Polarity Therapy is a holistic system developed by Dr. Randolph Stone DO, DC, from his study of Hermetic philosophy, Chinese medicine, Western medicine, the Egyptian mysteries and Ayurveda. Polarity Therapy incorporates the use of touch, nutrition, exercise, counseling and education. It is based on the concept that the body has an energy field that is influenced by physical, emotional, and mental factors. This energy field, also known as the biofield or aura, is thought to flow through the body in a specific pattern, and disruptions or blockages in this flow can lead to physical or emotional ailments.
Polarity therapy practitioners use a combination of massage and energy work, to balance the body’s energy flow and promote healing. The techniques used in polarity therapy focus on specific points in the body where energy blockages are believed to occur. By applying pressure to these points, the practitioner can release tension and promote relaxation, which can help restore the body’s natural energy flow.
The Benefits of Polarity Therapy
Polarity therapy has been shown to have a number of potential benefits, including:
- Stress Reduction: Polarity therapy can help reduce stress and promote relaxation by releasing tension and restoring the body’s natural energy flow.
- Pain Relief: By releasing tension in the body, polarity therapy can help relieve chronic pain and muscle soreness.
- Improved Circulation: The techniques used in polarity therapy can improve circulation and promote the flow of oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- Enhanced Immune Function: Polarity therapy has been shown to boost the immune system by stimulating the body’s natural healing processes.
- Emotional Balance: Polarity therapy can help balance the body’s energy flow, promoting emotional stability and reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
In conclusion, polarity therapy is a unique form of healing that can have many potential benefits for both physical and emotional health. It is an effective form of treatment for people suffering from a wide variety of ailments and is an ever more valuable technique for massage therapists to have in their toolbox. If you’re interested in learning more about Polarity Therapy, be sure to check out ASHA’s Continuing Education class in Vital Polarity coming up on April 15th! More information is available on the Continuing Ed page of our website!!